V1, March 2021
EVA England is a Community Interest Group (CIC) registered in England (registered number: 12649115) and having its registered office at Southgate Chambers, 37-39 Southgate Street, Winchester, SO23 9EH.
On applying to become a Member of EVA England you are automatically agreeing to these Terms and Conditions and you are providing us with the appropriate consent to handle your personal information in accordance with data protection laws and our data protection policies. References to the “EVA England”, “we” or “us” are references to the EVA England CIC. In these Terms “you/r” refers to the member of EVA England.
Our acceptance of your application will bring into force a legally binding contract between us and these terms and conditions will form the basis of that contract through which EVA England will deliver the benefits to you as a Member.
These terms and conditions do not affect the rights which you have as a Member of EVA England under our Articles of Association including the right to attend and vote at EVA England’s General Meeting.
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time.
As a member you will automatically receive a range of benefits as part of your membership. These include:
- Having your views about electric vehicles heard and amplified
- Discounted products and services with corporate partners
- Information relative to electric vehicles, charging infrastructure, low carbon energy and other relevant themes
- Access to events and to engage with others in the electric vehicle community
We reserve the right to change the benefits that apply through corporate partners. These will be published on the members page on the EVA England website.
We may maintain, cancel or introduce different categories of membership from time to time. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have the most appropriate category of Membership to suit your personal circumstances at any time. We are not responsible in the event that a more appropriate category of membership may have been available at any time.
Right to refuse applications or cancel membership
- We reserve the right to refuse any application for Membership. We also reserve the right not to fulfil or to cancel a Membership if you are found to be in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- On receipt of your order we will process the Direct Debit payment via GoCardless. However, our acceptance of your offer remains subject to approval of it by us. Once a decision has been reached a contract will be formed between us, or we will notify you that we cannot accept your application. If we cannot accept your application for whatever reason we will confirm that your account has been re-credited (if applicable).
- If we are unable to obtain payment authorisation from the issuer of your card or from your bank in the case of Direct Debit payments your membership will be cancelled, and you will forfeit any benefits.
- EVA England is an equal opportunities organisation and an ethical organisation. If we deem that you have not followed our Equal Opportunities Policy <insert link> then we retain the right to cancel your membership and you will not be entitled to a refund of your membership
- All quoted Membership fees are for a one-year Membership
- We reserve the right to increase the price of your Membership subscription on an annual basis. You will be informed of any fee increase within your renewal communication.
Direct debit payments
- If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit, EVA England will notify you at least 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If we request to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request.
- If an error has been made in the payment of your Direct Debit by us or your bank/building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society. If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back in a timely manner when requested to do so by EVA England.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit by contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. However, cancellation of your direct debit is not the same as cancellation of your membership which may require notice to be given to us. Please see Section 6 below. If you cancel or choose not to renew your membership you must also notify us using the method set out in Section 6.8 below.
Your rights to cancel
- As a consumer, your legal right to cancel the contract starts from the date of when payment is made satisfactorily or from renewal, which is when the contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the contract is 14 days after the day on which this contract was formed. To cancel a contract in this way, you need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. No refunds will be issued after this time. Please see Section 9 below to find out how to notify us.
- If you cancel the contract in accordance with Clause 6.1 we will:
- refund you the price you paid for the Membership. Please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect the period of time (if any) that the Membership was valid up to the date on which we were notified of your decision to cancel the contract; and
- make any refunds due to you as soon as possible.
- After 14 days have passed you may not cancel your membership during the first year. In subsequent years, we will automatically renew your membership after 12 months and collect the monies for the coming subscription period unless you notify us one month in advance that you do not wish to renew your membership by the date stated in your renewal communication.
- If you cancel the Membership contract in accordance with Clause 6.3 your Membership will continue for one month during the notice period and we will not take any further Direct Debits.
- In the event that your Membership is cancelled for any reason you will no longer be entitled to receive any Membership benefits.
- Membership rights and benefits shall cease on death but no refund shall be made.
- To let us know that you wish to cancel your membership or not renew your membership you must notify us by contacting our Customer Services team on firstname.lastname@example.org .
Data protection and use of personal data
By becoming a member of EVA England, you will be automatically added to our mailing list for communications. This will include, inter alia, the EVA England member newsletter (“Dashboard”), general update emails from us and other opt-in emails such as the EV Champions mailing list. Your preferences can be amended by any time in your account settings.
- We exclude all liability to Members or to any other third party for any loss of profit, or any special, incidental or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of, or in connection with services, benefits and/or products supplied by us or any company associated with us
- The liability of each member is limited to £1 being the amount that each member undertakes to contribute to the assets of EVA England in the event of is being wound up.
Queries, comments and complaints
We aim to respond to any query received within five working days. This may be an acknowledgement of receipt whilst further investigations are carried out. If you have any queries, comments or complaints please contact the Customer Services team:
Using our contact form or emailing email@example.com