The Electric Vehicle Association (EVA) England is a member association established in June 2020 to offer a voice to current and prospective electric vehicle drivers and accelerate the transition to an electric England.
We aim to make England a better place for EV drivers by:
- Supporting and representing EV drivers in England
- Offering unbiased advice on all things electric vehicles and providing guides and tips for current and prospective drivers
- Advocating on behalf of current and prospective electric vehicle drivers to the government, media and industry
- Promoting electric vehicle use and the associated environmental and health benefits
- Engaging and empowering members to be electric vehicle champions in their communities.
Members can make their voices heard in decisions through consultations, surveys and the AGM. EVA England uses these to identify key issues and barriers relating to EV adoption, and then take action to address them with the Government, local authorities, and industry organisations.
Since we started, we have responded to a Government Consultation on ending the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans, advocated for a 2030 Phase Out Date to the government and media, presented to the EV Energy Taskforce, and supported the Public Charge Point Regulations 2023.
More recently, we have launched the Constituency EV Map and Powering Up, our new policy report. These are the first steps as we work towards a more comprehensive Drivers Manifesto ahead of the General Election.
We promise to operate transparently as we champion our members and equip them to be EV advocates in their communities.